Some users who have recently upgraded to Windows 11 have reported the slow startup problem on their system. Although this can happen due to a variety of underlying causes, we have addressed and hand-picked the 5 best ways to eradicate this issue and fix slow startup time on your Windows 11 machine. In the meantime, you can learn to fix widgets do not work on Windows 11.
Ways to increase boot time in Windows 11
Make sure Quick Launch is enabled in Windows 11
Like previous versions of Windows, Windows 11 offers the fast boot feature for its users to ensure that the system boots up as quickly as possible. Follow these simple steps to ensure that this feature is enabled on your Windows machine.
- Press Windows key and search for dashboard app to open it.
- click Hardware and sound options.
- Open Energy options by clicking on it.
- Click in the left sidebar Choose what the power buttons do.
- Ensure Activate the Quick Start option is activated. If it is disabled, you must click Change settings that are not currently available and activate the Switch on quick start option.
- That’s all. You have successfully activated the quick start mode on your system.
Turn off unnecessary startup programs and apps
To improve and significantly increase the startup time of Windows 11, you should turn it off unnecessary apps which consumes system resources during startup. Follow these steps for a simple solution.
- Press Windows key and search for The activity manager app to open it. Alternatively, you can also press Ctrl + Alt + Del key at the same time to launch the app.
- Navigate to Start tab Inside Task Manager window.
- Locate and identify the unnecessary apps that have medium or high starting effect.
- To deactivate the app, right-click on it and select Disable.
- That’s all. You have successfully disabled the app from starting at Windows startup.
Adjust visual effects for best performance
Windows 11 offers a good amount of visual effects to make the environment user-friendly. However, these visual effects consume a large amount of system resources. You can minimize and even disable these visual effects to improve the startup time of Windows 11. Follow these steps to achieve the same thing.
- Press Windows key and search for Advanced system settings.
- click settings button below Performance section.
- Turn on Adjust for best performance and deselect all listed items. click Apply button to save changes.
- That’s all. You have successfully disabled all visual effects on your Windows11 system.
- Restart your system to observe the changed changes.
Disable all system services and restart
One of the most effective methods to significantly improve your Windows 11 startup time is to disable all Windows services and restart the system to allow Windows to start only the necessary services. This process will help eliminate all unnecessary Windows services that consume system resources. Follow these simple steps for a simple solution.
- Open Run window by pressing Windows key + R simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Type MSConfig and press the enter key.
- Navigate to Services tab and click Disable the all button.
- click OK to save changes and restart the system.
Clean up junk files on your system and enable Storage Sense
To speed up the startup time of your Windows 11 system, you need to clear all junk and temporary files that are in your system. In addition, Windows 11 also offers the Storage Sense feature, which automatically detects and cleans temporary files from time to time to speed up system performance. Follow this effective 2-minute reading clean junk files on Windows 11 and turn on storage sensing function.
Bonus: Defragment your hard drive or upgrade to an SSD
If you have installed Windows 11 on your old system with a hard drive and are experiencing slow startup time, it is probably due to your old and fragmented hard drive. Fragmented devices significantly reduce the performance of the operating system and you need to optimize it manually to reduce any performance delays. Alternatively, you can replace the hard disk drive with the SSD to get a huge boost in Windows 11 performance. Follow these simple steps to defragment your hard drive to optimize its performance.
- Open your computer and Right click on the hard disk that has Windows 11 installed.
- click Characteristics the option to open the volume of the disk drive.
- Navigate to Tools tab and click Optimize button below Defragment the device part.
- Wait a few minutes to allow Windows to optimize device performance and restart the system after the process is complete.
Closing: Reduces start time
We hope that you have now fixed and improved the system start-up time with the methods above. If this article has helped you fix and enhance the Windows 11 experience on your system, then press the Like button and share this with your friends to help them troubleshoot such issues. Look out for more Windows troubleshooting guides.
You can also follow us for immediate technical news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.